Home   Folkestone   Sport   Article

FA Cup First Qualifying Round: Folkestone win at Corinthian, Margate force replay, Hythe go through

Folkestone Invicta were twice pegged back before they finally progressed in a five-goal FA Cup First Qualifying Round derby at Corinthian.

Ade Yusuff put Neil Cugley's side ahead but Oscar Housego levelled from the spot, only for Ronnie Dolan's free-kick to restore Folkestone's advantage before half-time.

Kennington take on Carshalton in the FA Cup on Saturday. Picture: Paul Davies (50908587)
Kennington take on Carshalton in the FA Cup on Saturday. Picture: Paul Davies (50908587)

Jack Mahoney levelled early in the second half but Corinthian then had Ryan Sawyer sent-off, and within three minutes Alfie Paxman headed in what proved to be the winner.

Jake Embery came off the bench to earn Margate a midweek replay at Thame United following a 2-2 draw at Hartsdown Park.

Lynton Goss put Thame ahead but Daniel Thompson levelled after the break only for Ryan Blake to restore the visitors' kead.

However, Embery struck in the 90th minute to ensure Gate are in the hat for Monday's draw.

Hythe Town are through to the Second Qualifying Round for the first time since 2016-17 after a narrow 1-0 win over Combined Counties League Ascot United.

Nathan Gordon's second-half goal proved decisive and while Hythe had chances to put the game beyond doubt, Ascot had an injury-time effort cleared off the line to deny them a replay.

Danny Kedwell's first taste of FA Cup management saw his Cray Wanderers team knocked out by lower-league Sutton Common Rovers.

Brendan Murphy-McVey and Danny Fernandez handed Sutton a two-goal lead at Hayes Lane. While Anthony Cook gave Wands hope with a penalty, Adam Allen wrapped up the tie in the second half.

Phoenix Sports got through this round for only the third time in their history, 2-1 winners over Chipstead.

Lekan Osideko's first-half brace was the difference between the teams as Chipstead rallied after the break, finally replying through Andy Kabuikusomo to set up a nervy last seven minutes.

Sevenoaks have already had two replays to get this far so it was perhaps no surprise that Micky Collins' team face another second bite of the cherry against Redhill on Wednesday.

The teams drew 1-1 on Saturday, Sevenoaks going ahead through a first-half own goal.

Aaron Millbank scored twice as Whitstable came from behind to force a 2-2 draw with Leatherhead at The Belmont.

Cameron Black put the visitors ahead before Millbank's penalty made it 1-1 at the break.

Millbank then struck five minutes after Alexander Sami had restored Leatherhead's advantage to earn a replay on Tuesday.

Southern Counties East Kennington were knocked out by Isthmian Premier Carshalton.

Lewis White put the visitors ahead before a crowd of 351 at Homelands before second-half goals from Daniel Hector and an Adam Phillips own goal settled the contest.

Sheppey had a crowd of 389 for the visit of higher-league Marlow. Junaid Bell's strike from the edge of the area seven minutes into the second half proved decisive for the visitors who finished with 10 men after Marcus Mealing's late red card.

Chatham's journey ended at Abbey Rangers, the side that defeated Glebe in the Extra Preliminary Round.

The hosts led 2-0 inside 11 minutes and scored three second-half goals. Mo Diakite scored a hat-trick with Cooper-Smith bagging a brace.

Ramsgate went down 4-2 at Harrow and step 5 big guns Jersey Bulls proved too hot for VCD to handle as the Islanders went through 5-1.

The FA Cup Second Qualifying Round draw takes place on Monday. Full details on www.kentonline.co.uk/sport.

Read more: All the latest sports news in Kent

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More