Home   Folkestone   Sport   Article

Isthmian League round-up: Substitute Ibrahim Olutade scores twice in last 10 minutes as Folkestone Invicta win at Billericay

Substitute Ibrahim Olutade scored a late double as Folkestone completed a fine comeback at Billericay in the Isthmian Premier.

Olutade, a summer signing from Tonbridge, was introduced in the 75th minute with Invicta trailing 2-1.

Folkestone manager Neil Cugley. Picture: Randolph File
Folkestone manager Neil Cugley. Picture: Randolph File

But the ex-Maidstone man struck twice, including an 89th-minute winner, to give Neil Cugley’s side their first away win, having trailed 2-0 at half-time to goals from Canterbury-born Bradley Stevenson and Jacob Bancroft.

Ade Yusuff launched the fightback with Folkestone's first goal on the hour mark.

Herne Bay conceded an 86th-minute equaliser against Kingstonian.

Chris Edwards gave Ben Smith's side a half-time lead at Southwood, Bay's temporary home while the new 3G pitch at Winch's Field is completed.

But a game of eight bookings - including five for the hosts - ended 1-1 after Tyrese Owen's late goal.

Margate drew 1-1 at home to Horsham on Friday night, Fjord Rogers’ goal on the hour cancelled out two minutes later by Lucas Rodrigues.

Harry Harding scored the winner against his old club as two goals in as many minutes saw Sittingbourne beat Swale rivals Faversham in Isthmian South East.

Nathan Wood gave the Lilywhites a 16th-minute lead in a battle of two sides looking for their first win.

But Henry Dasofunjo equalised on 35 minutes and Harding, a summer arrival from Faversham, made it 2-1 a minute later.

Ashford United blew a two-goal lead in their first home game of the season.

It was game on at Homelands after their 3G pitch was cleared for action, with the Nuts & Bolts looking good for the points after a goal in either half from Johan ter Horst.

But Thibault Abie replied with 15 minutes left and Matthew Daniel equalised eight minutes from time to deny Tommy Warrilow’s side.

Ramsgate put their FA Cup exit behind them to go second with a 2-1 win at Haywards Heath.

Josh Ajayi’s third goal of the season gave Steve Lovell’s side a half-time lead.

Alahady Jalloh levelled just after the break but defender Jerald Aboagye scored an 87th-minute winner.

Sheppey United lost 2-1 at fellow promoted club Beckenham despite playing against 10 men for 45 minutes.

Warren Mfula cancelled out Jamarie Brissett’s opener before the hosts had Nick Curran sent off.

The Ites, however, couldn’t make the extra man count and left empty-handed as Harvey Brand’s 82nd-minute goal maintained Beckenham’s 100% start.

Chatham are up to fifth in the early standings after first-half goals from Emmanuel Oloyede and Jack Evans in a 2-1 home win over Burgess Hill.

The visitors replied through Martyn Box in the last minute but Chats were good value for their second straight win.

A late goal from Chichester’s Thomas Dinsmore denied Corinthian their first win of the campaign.

Festos Kamara’s seventh-minute goal looked set to be enough for the Hoops but they are at least off the mark after back-to-back defeats.

Hythe and Sevenoaks are still to concede a goal this season after sharing a 0-0 draw at Reachfields.

Adam Coombes’ last-minute equaliser salvaged a point for Cray Valley at home to Whitehawk.

Ade Adeyemo put the Millers in front but they were heading for defeat after the Hawks struck either side of half-time through Ryan Warwick and Javaun Splatt.

Kevin Watson’s side kept going and were rewarded with Coombes’ last-gasp leveller.

Neither side could break the deadlock as VCD’s home game against Littlehampton finished goalless.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More