Home   Gravesend   News   Article

Fire at pub in Windmill Street, Gravesend

By Messenger Reporter

A small fire broke out at a pub in the early hours of this morning.

A large amount of smoke was seen coming from the Robert Pocock pub in Windmill Street, Gravesend, just before 1.30am.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called, and crews were on the scene within minutes.

Firefighters needed to wear breathing gear. Stock image
Firefighters needed to wear breathing gear. Stock image

Wearing breathing apparatus, the team went inside to investigate using thermal imaging cameras.

They found the basement heavily smoke-logged, caused by a fire in the void between the wooden floor and basement.

It is thought to have been started by a poorly disposed cigarette.

Crews used small tools to expose the area and a dry powder extinguisher.

By 2.14am, they were damping down and left the scene at around 2.40am.

There were no reports of any casualties.

A safety engineer from UK Power Networks also attended.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More