Home   Gravesend   News   Article

Dad suffers smoke inhalation

A dad was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after trying to put out a fire in his garage.

Firefighters were called to the house in Codrington Crescent, Gravesend on Friday night to put out the blaze which spread to the kitchen and utility room.

The contents of the garage, which was used for storage, were destroyed and the house was smoke logged,

It took crews from Thames-side and Strood two hours to get the fire, which broke out just after 8pm, under control.

Meanwhile firefighters are warning householders to make sure their chimneys are swept before lighting a fire.

It comes after they were called to a blaze at a bungalow in Stack Road, Horton Kirby on Friday night.

Crew manager Gary Miller, from Dartford Fire and Rescue Service, said: "It’s important that chimneys are cleaned once a year.

"It’s very tempting in this cold weather to put another log on and this is what can happen."

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More