Home   Gravesend   News   Article

Thames-side firefighters attend kitchen blaze at home in Thomas Drive, Gravesend

Firefighters were called to an address in Thomas Drive, Gravesend, last night after a grill caught alight.

Two crews from Thames-side fire station attended the home at 8.15pm after the owners called 999.

Stock pic
Stock pic

No injuries were reported. It's believed the fire started when food was being cooked.

The blaze was contained to the oven and destroyed about 20% of the kitchen while the rest of the property was smoke-logged.

Crews left about an hour after arriving.

A Kent Fire and Rescue spokesman reminded residents the importance of installing smoke detectors.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More