Home   Gravesend   News   Article

Fire in Ingoldsby Road, Gravesend, prompts safety warning

People are being urged to take care with candles after fire broke out in a home.

Two crews were sent to Ingoldsby Road, Gravesend, yesterday where a blaze had broken out in the kitchen.

Two fire engines were called out. Stock photo
Two fire engines were called out. Stock photo

Thankfully, the fire was small and the flames were dealt with quickly before the building was cleared of smoke with a high pressure fan.

The alarm was raised at 4.20pm and it was all over by 4.43pm.

No casualties were reported, and it is believed to have started accidentally after some tea light candles were left unattended.

Following the incident, crews are urging everyone to take extra care with any type of candle, and to always blow them out if you need to leave the room.

You should also always keep them in a sturdy, non-flammable candle holder, and make sure you have at least one working smoke alarm on each level of your home.

Read more: All the latest news from Gravesend

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More