Home   Gravesend   News   Article

Man rescued from Northfleet house fire

A man in his 70s was taken to hospital after he was rescued him from a burning house.

Five fire engines were called to Rose Street, Northfleet, just after 7.30am yesterday, with crews arriving to smoke and flames coming from the first floor of the property.

Firefighters used hose reel jets, a covering jet and water from a hydrant to tackle the blaze before clearing smoke from the building.

Stock image.
Stock image.

A man in his 70s was rescued from the property by a neighbour and firefighters, before being passed into the care of paramedics as a precaution.

He was then taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire broke out in the kitchen and the cause is believed to be accidental.

Read more: All the latest news from Gravesend

Read more


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More