A kitchen fire started after it is believed a tumble dryer caught alight while in use.
Two fire engines were sent to a house in Kemsley Close, Northfleet just before 11.30am today to put out the blaze.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames using a hose reel jet and used a high-pressured fan to clear smoke from the property.
No injuries were reported.
The fire brigade left after 40 minutes.
Kent Fire and Rescue issued a warning following the blaze.
A spokesman said: “It’s important to only run appliances such as washing machines, tumble dryers and dishwashers, when you’re at home and awake.
“Follow manufacturer’s instructions and remember to clear tumble dryer lint filters regularly to reduce the risk of fire.”