Home   Herne Bay   News   Article

Fire at conservatory in Bristol Close, Herne Bay, caused by cigarette butt

A blaze in a conservatory was caused by a discarded cigarette butt, fire crews say.

Two fire engines were scrambled to Bristol Close in Herne Bay at about 1:10pm yesterday.

A discarded cigarette butt is believed to have sparked the fire. Stock image
A discarded cigarette butt is believed to have sparked the fire. Stock image

Crews used hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze and no casualties were reported.

It is believed to have started accidentally due to discarded smoking materials.

Fire crews have reminded people to always check their cigarette, cigar and other smoking materials are fully out before disposing of them safely.

Read more: All the latest news from Herne Bay

Read more


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More