Police are investigating after more than 30 beach huts were broken into on Herne Bay pier last night.
Business owners on the Central Parade landmark have spoken of their shock following the incident, which left all 32 huts on the pier's retail village damaged.
Council workers found the site had been broken into when they arrived to open up its entrance at about 7am this morning.
Town councillor Andrew Cook - who is also a member of the Herne Bay Pier Trust - said: "They have come in tooled up with crowbars and they have blasted into everything.
"For the amount of money taken, this is the lowest of the low.
"These are all small, private businesses and they have had a severe kicking for no good reason whatsoever."
Cllr Cook said the trust will now work alongside the police.
A forensics investigation vehicle arrived at the pier this morning.
Cllr Cook added: "We will do everything we can to work with the police to find out who has done this.
"This is just diabolical and we pray it is outsiders who have done this and not someone from the town itself.
"We will patch up as quickly as we can and the majority will be back open as soon as possible."
One of the worst hit businesses was Kris Searle's Music Studio on the Pier site.
The 37-year-old's computer, iPad, studio microphones, cash till and safe were all smashed.
His hard-drives were also stolen, which included all of his company's work.
Mr Searle said: "It is a huge crime.
"It is awful and tragic as we have been trying so hard on the pier to get it back on its feet.
"All of the hard work and effort we have put into it has gone - it just feels more than unfair."
Police spokesman Andy Saunders confirmed an investigation is underway.
He said: "Officers are investigating a series of burglaries reported to have occurred on Herne Bay pier.
"We were called at around 7am on Sunday, June 26 to reports that a number of beach huts and kiosks on the pier had been broken into overnight.
"Inquiries are on-going."