Home   Hythe   News   Article

Emergency services called to flat fire in Military Road, Hythe

Emergency services descended on the scene of a flat fire in Hythe last night.

Fire engines and ambulance services attended the incident on Military road.

Fire stock image (25479141)
Fire stock image (25479141)

Eyewitnesses reported a "heavy blue light presence" in the area.

The fire, which started around 20.50pm, is believed to have started accidentally in a microwave.

Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze.

Crews battled the fire for just over an hour before using a high pressured fan to clear the property of smoke.

One person was given first aid at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Read more: All the latest news from Hythe

Read more


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More