Home   Maidstone   News   Article

Dog saves family after fire in Bell Road, Maidstone

A pet dog may have saved the life of a mum and baby after fire tore through a flat in the early hours.

The blaze broke out in a ground floor flat in Bell Road, Maidstone, and quickly spread to the second floor then the roof.

Four fire engines were sent to the scene
Four fire engines were sent to the scene

The woman, who does not want to be named said her pet dog came into her bedroom after the fire had spread to her flat.

She added: "I’m still coming to terms with it. It’s all a bit of a daze. I was half a sleep and the dog came in and I could smell the smoke.

"The fire and the flames were in my property. I knew I had to get out and get my baby out. I don’t know how badly damaged my belongings areor the baby's stuff is. We haven’t been able to get in and have a look."

The fire broke out in Bell Road
The fire broke out in Bell Road

Four fire engines 16 firefighters and three officers were called to the scene.

The fire spread to the roof
The fire spread to the roof

A joint investigation has been launched by Kent Fire and Rescue and Kent police into the cause of the blaze.

Read more: All the latest news from Maidstone


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More