A fire has damaged a house in Maidstone this evening.
Crews were called to Loose Road at about 4pm after the blaze broke out in a first-floor bedroom.
It is believed the fire was caused by a candle, with flames spreading to curtains.
Teams wearing breathing apparatus are used two hose reels to douse the flames.
No-one was injured in the blaze but the building suffered significant damage from fire and smoke.
Police closed the road near Plains Avenue in both directions while fire crews extinguished the flames.
The fire is not being treated as suspicious.