Published: 11:00, 20 January 2017
| Updated: 11:56, 20 January 2017
A Maidstone mum who collapsed and died while shopping at Iceland had lethal levels of antidepressants within her body, a coroner heard.
Sandra Young, 42 suddenly fell to the floor before the eyes of her husband while shopping at the store in The Mall, King Street last month.
Despite attempts to resuscitate the much-loved wife, grandmother and daughter, she could not be saved.
Assistant coroner Kate Thomas heard how pathologist Dr David Rouse found the cause of death to be Fluoxetine toxicity, having detected high levels of the drug often sold under the trade name Prozac.
Mrs Young, who went to Senacre Technical College and ran her own cleaning business, had a heart condition. Husband Peter had given up work to look after her at their specially adapted home in Vinters Park.
The 45-year-old told the KM he was left confused and angry after being told he would have to shell out £1,000 to remove a disability lift from the property.
In a heartfelt tribute, Peter and her sons said earlier: “If we were given just one wish it would be to bring you back home. We know you are around us.”
Ms Thomas opened and adjourned the inquest for hearing on Tuesday, January 31.
More by this authorDavid Gazet