Home   Maidstone   News   Article

Safety warning as Maidstone shed catches fire from nearby brazier

Firefighters are warning the public to be careful after a fire spread to a shed.

Two fire engines were sent to Downs Road in Maidstone on Saturday night after a fire spread from a brazier across the garden.

A tree was also burnt in the blaze which started at 11.15pm.

Firefighters were called to the shed fire
Firefighters were called to the shed fire

Kent Fire and Rescue Service issued the following warning: "Firefighters are urging the public to take extra care when lighting braziers, barbecues, chimineas or firepits.

"Keep them well away from sheds, buildings, foliage or overhanging branches and never leave them unattended."

The fire was out just after 11.30pm.

Read more: All the latest news from Maidstone.

Read more


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More