Published: 09:31, 12 March 2020
| Updated: 10:51, 12 March 2020
A second person who works at Maidstone Studios has coronavirus, it has be confirmed.
The first instance of the virus in the county was diagnosed on Sunday, March 1, and involved an employee at at North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT) who worked at the business park, in Maidstone and had returned from a trip in Rome the previous week.
On Friday, March 6, news of Kent's second case emerged with health officials saying this person was connected to the first victim.
However, it has now been confirmed that the person is also a NELFT employee.
Seven people in the county have contracted the virus, with five in Kent and two in the Medway area. There have also been two confirmed in Bromley.
Stephanie Dawe, chief nurse for NELFT, said: “We can confirm that another one of our colleagues has been diagnosed with coronavirus. They are currently at home and we wish them well.
"They were not working in a building or role which meant they came into contact with patients.
"We are working closely with Public Health England have contacted any member of staff who had close contact, so they can be given appropriate health advice.”
It is not known when the second NELFT employee was diagnosed.
Last week, several businesses at the hub chose to work from home upon hearing the news, but all the companies are now back in the office.
Some NELFT employees are self-isolating as a precaution.
A spokesman for the studios said there was no increased risk to the site because a second NELT employee has been diagnosed.
Staff in the building are being advised to continue to use sanitisers provided and remain vigilant.
Some families at an apartment block overlooking the studios left on Monday, March 2, but have since returned.
In England, 456 people have tested positive for the virus, also known as Covid-19. Eight patients who tested positive have died.