Home   Malling   News   Article

Newnham Court Inn fire sees diners evacuated

A restaurant was evacuated this afternoon as fire crews tackled a blaze in the basement.

Two engines were sent to the Newnham Court Inn, off Bearsted Road, Maidstone, just before 1pm after a tumble-dryer went up in flames.

Diners were evacuated for 20 minutes while fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the appliance and cleared smoke.

Firefighters were called. Stock image
Firefighters were called. Stock image

No one was injured and the premises is now open.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More