Home   Malling   News   Article

Yvette Adams, from Snodland, died after taking a fatal overdose of painkillers, inquest heard

By David Gazet

The death of a mother of four who took an overdose of painkillers at her flat was an accident, a coroner has ruled.

An inquest heard how Yvette Adams was found by a concerned neighbour in her home in Saltings Road, Snodland.

Paramedics pronounced the 51-year-old dead at the scene.

The inquest took place at Archbishop's Palace
The inquest took place at Archbishop's Palace

The court heard how Miss Adams, affectionately known as Eve, had struggled for many years with a heroin addiction.

She moved to Snodland in 2014 and regularly attended an outreach group.

Miss Adams had twice tried to take her own life and had mental health problems, including a borderline personality disorder.

Toxicology tests showed potentially fatal levels of painkillers in her system, as well as small amounts of cocaine, alcohol and a number of prescription medicines.

Yvette Adams. Credit: Lorraine Adams
Yvette Adams. Credit: Lorraine Adams

The medical cause of death was given as an overdose of morphine and codeine. Several of the substances found could cause breathing difficulties in sufficient quantities.

No evidence was found suggesting she intended to take her own life. Miss Adams had told her GP she had no thoughts of suicide.

Assistant coroner Ian Wade QC, decided her death was an accident. He said: “We must conclude Eve was overwhelmed by the toxic effect of the various medicines and drugs. I am quite satisfied no one else was involved.”

In a statement Miss Adams' family said: "She was a troubled much-loved daughter and sister.We tried to help her in every way."

"Rest in peace Yvette."

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More