Published: 08:39, 14 April 2019
| Updated: 11:11, 14 April 2019
A grandmother tells of the 'terrifying' ordeal when she thought her grandson was caught in a fire.
At 5pm yesterday a garden shed in Goudhurst Road, Twydall, was set alight.
Margaret Lloyd's daughter and her family live in the affected property.
She rushed to the scene as soon as she heard the news.
The grandmother from Twydall said: "It was terrifying for us all.
"It's my daughter's house - they only went out half hour before it happened.
"Then she joined me in a state as a friend phoned her to say her house was on fire.
"I went round - we thought her son was up in his bedroom but he wasn't.
"It was just horrible but all are okay.
"She's just lost her son's motor bike and all the tools, but at least no one was hurt.
"The shed is just ashes and a shell.
"The garden fence is damaged too.
"I just want to say a big thank you to the firemen and kind neighbours that helped us."
Fire crews arrived at the home and extinguished the flames but the shed and all of its contents were completely destroyed.
They believe the fire was started deliberately.
Police were also called and are looking into the incident.