Home   Medway   News   Article

Dog rescued after candle sparks blaze in Darnley Road, Rochester

A dog had to be rescued from a house in Rochester this morning after a candle sparked a blaze.

Fire crews were called to the property in Darnley Road just before 11am.

An unattended candle sparked the blaze
An unattended candle sparked the blaze

Teams wearing breathing equipment entered the building to save the pet and extinguish the fire.

A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue Service said: "It is believed the fire started when the flame from a small candle spread.

"Crews are reminding the public how important candle placement is and that candle shouldn't be left unattended when burning, especially with young children or pets in the house."

Read more: All the latest news from Medway

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More