Home   Medway   News   Article

Fire in Skinner Street, Gillingham put out by crews after faulty charger sparks blaze

A faulty phone charger may have been the cause of a fire which broke out in a flat in Gillingham earlier today.

Crews from Medway and Strood fire stations were called out to the property in Skinner Street at about 4.45pm after a passerby saw smoke coming from the building.

Crews used breathing apparatus to enter the flat and put out the fire and managed to contain it to just one room.

Stock pic
Stock pic

A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue Service, said: "The rest of the flat suffered smoke damage but we were on the scene quite quickly and there was minimal fire damage as a result."

It is understood no one was injured during the incident as the person who lived there was not home at the time of the incident.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More