Published: 11:31, 22 February 2019
| Updated: 12:14, 22 February 2019
Fire crews were bemused when they were called to put out a burnt pasty.
One team from Chatham headed to a home in Kingswood Road, Gillingham at 6pm yesterday.
They entered the property, but instead of a microwave blaze, they found one burnt pasty.
The home was set up with an automatic call to fire crews if smoke it detected.
Firefighter Tim said he couldn't tell what flavour it was.
He said: "It was just a really hot pasty, it was burnt black and charred.
"They had just left it in the microwave for too long."
No injuries were reported, although the man who was planning to eat the pasty for dinner had to seek other arrangements.
The crew left within four minutes and has filed the incident as a false alarm.
Apart from that, the team had a quiet night shift.
Here are Kent Fire and Rescue's top tips for a fire safe meal time: