Home   Medway   News   Article

Fire shock for old couple

Kent Fire and Rescue
Kent Fire and Rescue

An elderly couple's car burst into flames on a motorway. Firefighters believe the catalytic convertor on the Citroen C5 overheated and melted the shielding, causing smoke to pour into the car.
The couple had pulled over on to the hard shoulder of the M2, London-bound carriageway between junctions three (Rochester) and two (Strood) at about 11.45pm on Tuesday, after smelling smoke.
Neither of the two passengers suffered any injury in the incident and were helped by members of the Highways Agency.
The speed limit on the motorway was reduced to 50mph for a short time while the incident was dealt with.
A pump from Medway was at the scene for about 40 minutes.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More