Home   Medway   News   Article

Rainham: Mark Taylor takes picture of floating man in the sky

Is it a bird, is it a plane, no it’s a man! Mystery surrounds what exactly is floating in the sky over Medway in these pictures taken by Mark Taylor.

The photos, which were captured on his mobile phone from his back garden in Rainham during a storm, appear to show a floating man.

One image taken by the double-glazing specialist shows what appears to be a man holding a gun.

Mark Taylor took pictures of what appears to be a figure floating in the sky
Mark Taylor took pictures of what appears to be a figure floating in the sky

The 49-year-old could not believe what he was seeing on Sunday, May 28.

He later shared the images with his family and friends on Facebook with some people living nearby also reporting they had spotted the strange sight.

Mr Taylor’s daughter, Becky, first laughed at what her dad was telling her when he called excitedly.

The 24-year-old, who lives in Luton, Bedfordshire, said: “At first when he told me about the photos I thought he was messing me around, just having fun.

“When I told him I didn’t believe him, he got a bit offended as he was not mucking about.

“Dad took the photos from the garden and he would not know now to superimpose something onto another photo.

The mysterious figure above the rooftops
The mysterious figure above the rooftops

“They are genuine photos and there is nothing attached to the man – it’s just floating.

“Someone on Facebook said it looked like a Stormtrooper balloon and Dad said it floated along rather than sinking to the floor.

“There must be an explanation for it. It does seem very strange.”

Mr Taylor’s business partner, Scott Black, told our sister paper the Medway Messenger the pair had a conversation about what the object could be.

He said: “He told me he took the photo and when he put it on Facebook, he said someone in the area also saw the object that day.”

The Messenger checked with police to see if officers had received any reports but no one else had reported it.

A spokesman for the Civil Aviation Authority said nothing had been reported to them.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More