Home   Medway   News   Article

Fire starts at Chatham house

A fire took hold when a hairdryer accidentally left switched on sprang back into life after a power cut.

But firefighters have praised the actions of a mum living there after she quickly got her child out of the home and closed internal doors.

The blaze broke out in Quickthorn Crescent, Chatham, just after 3pm.

Firefighters were called out. Library image
Firefighters were called out. Library image

Those inside were alerted to the blaze in the upstairs bedroom by a smoke alarm.

Smoke damage was minimised and damage was contained to a chair and some clothes.

There were no reported injuries and firefighters offered fire safety advice and replaced the smoke alarms.

The fire was out just before 3.30pm.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More