Home   Medway   News   Article

I'm stranded too - in my bedroom!

Kent Fire and Rescue
Kent Fire and Rescue

A five-year-old boy was freed by firefighters after a faulty lock trapped him in his bedroom. The boy, who has not been named, became trapped in his room at his home in Hawthorn Road, Strood and his mum called for help from the fire service at 6.30pm last night.

The crew from Strood removed a piece of the door to free the boy, who is disabled. "The boy was fine. He was trapped for about 15 minutes, he was unaware of the situation," said a spokesman.

Are you the boy’s mother? If so, call the newsroom on 01634 227803.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More