A Medway man who was been arrested on suspicion of supporting a terrorist group has been bailed pending further inquiries.
Officers from the South East Counter Terrorism Unit (SECTU) and detectives from Kent Police executed a warrant at an address in Rochester yesterday morning (Thursday).
Police declined to release further details about the exact location of the arrest or which organisation the suspect was alleged to have links to.
The 23-year-old was arrested on suspicion of supporting a banned organisation under section 12 of the Terrorism Act 2000.
He was questioned by officers from the counter terrorism unit at an undisclosed police station in the county and officers said arrest relates to an ongoing investigation.
Officers wanted to assure people the investigation and arrest was not in response to any immediate threat.
Earlier today, (Friday) anti-terrorism officers said the man had been bailed pending further inquiries until Thursday, October 1.
Stories you might have missed