Home   Medway   News   Article

Rochester firefighters rescue man from flat blaze in Albany Road

A man had to be rescued by firefighters after a blaze broke out in his flat.

Crews were called to Albany Road, Rochester, just after 9pm last night, where a fire had broken out in a first floor flat.

The occupant, a single man in his 60s, had left some cooking on the hob and fallen asleep.

Albany Road, Rochester
Albany Road, Rochester

The alarm was raised by a neighbour who called 999.

The flat was heavily smoke logged and firefighters had to go in wearing breathing apparatus.

The man was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene.

The fire had only damaged the pan and the hob - and there was minimal smoke damage to the property.

Firefighters left the scene just before 10pm.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More