A concerned passer-by called 999 when they noticed smoke coming from a fast-food takeaway - but it was a false alarm.
When firefighters turned up to shop in Church Street, Chatham, they found the cause of the alert was simply smoke coming from the pizza oven inside
A crew was called to the premises, just off the High Street, at around 4.30am this morning.
A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue said: “The take-away was shut so it was just smoke still coming from the chimney from earlier on.
"We were able to see from outside that there was not a fire, so we did not have to gain entry.”
Firefighters were also called to a suspected arson in Strood at around 2am. A motorbike was alight in the car park behind St Nicholas Church.
The small bike, which had been there with a cycle lock on it for a couple of days, was almost completely destroyed.
The police have been informed.