More than 1,000 children found out on Friday whether or not they could be going to grammar school in Medway next September.
In total, 1,039 children were told they can now apply to a Medway grammar school after passing the Medway Test.
Candidates are tested in maths, verbal reasoning and there is an extended writing exercise.
A total of 2,417 youngsters sat the exam in September - 1,842 were Medway residents and 575 were from out of area. This year 2,601 children registered to take the Medway Test.
The minimum score required for admission this year was 525 which was achieved by 718 children who live in the Towns. This is 23% of the 3,092 pupils in this year group in schools across Medway.
A further 321 children who live outside of Medway also achieved the minimum score. Last year the minimum score required was 528.
Cllr Mike O’Brien, Portfolio Holder for Children Services, said: “I would like to congratulate all children who took the Medway Test this year.
“Moving up to secondary school from primary is a huge step for all children and I wish them every success when they make the move next year.”
Children who apply to grammar school will find out in March which school they will be going to.
An additional 2% of this year group (approximately 62 pupils) may also be deemed as eligible for Medway grammar schools following the parental review process.
This involves the child's work being reviewed by a panel. These reviews will take place on 15 October for those parents who request it.