Detectives investigating an alleged sexual assault in Rochester have been told by the teenager who reported the incident, that she no longer wishes to pursue the matter.
Police had taped off an area of Jacksons field on Tuesday evening (July 7) after a 17-year-old girl told them she had been sexually assaulted.
A spokesman for Medway Police said: “The incident was reported to have taken place on the morning of that day as the woman walked across the field in Rochester.
“Police take all reports of sexual assault seriously and encourage all victims of any assault to contact police immediately.
“The woman who reported this to us has since advised officers that she now would not wish to pursue the matter through the criminal justice system.
“The detective leading the investigation is satisfied that officers have followed all lines of inquiry and unless new information is received they will not be pursuing this investigation any further.”