Home   Medway   News   Article

Warning after tumble dryer sets light to garden shed in Strood

Fire crews have issued a warning after a tumble dryer caught alight and set fire to a shed.

Firefighters were called to Eustace Crescent in Strood, just after 7am to reports of a garden shed alight.

Stock photo
Stock photo

The blaze was brought under control by around 7.30am, and no casualties were reported.

A tumble dryer fault was identified as the likely cause of the blaze and Kent Fire and Rescue Service has since issued a reminder to check electrical items are in good working order.

They also say appliances should not be left running overnight or while a house is left unoccupied, in case a fault develops.

Home owners should also remember to register appliances and clean tumble dryer filters regularly, since a build-up of fluff can increase the risk of a fire.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More