Home   Medway   News   Article

Oven fire in Beacon Road, Chatham after unattended cooking catches alight

Firefighters are urging people to keep a close eye on their cooking after food caught alight in an oven.

Crews in two fire engines were called to the kitchen blaze in Beacon Road, Chatham, just before 5pm yesterday.

Firefighters were called to the scene. Stock image.
Firefighters were called to the scene. Stock image.

Wearing breathing equipment, they used a hose reel to put out the flames, and a high-pressured fan to clear the property of smoke.

No one was injured.

The fire service is now warning residents to "keep looking while they are cooking", and always switch off hot ovens, hobs and grills when leaving the room.

A spokesman added: "It's also handy to use a timer to remind you when your food is ready, and to stop it from burning."

Read more: All the latest news from Medway

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More