Home   Medway   Sport   Article

Pre-season friendly report: Dartford 0 Gillingham 3

By Luke Cawdell

Elliott List struck twice as the Gills beat Dartford in their pre-season friendly on Tuesday night.

List's double came early in the second half before Josh Parker added a third.

Action from Dartford's pre-season friendly against Gillingham Picture: Andy Payton (3132820)
Action from Dartford's pre-season friendly against Gillingham Picture: Andy Payton (3132820)

Gills boss Steve Lovell fielded two strong teams against Dartford.

A well-contested opening half saw Gills keeper Tom Hadler twice called into action in quick succession to deny Dartford’s big striker Alex Wall.

Dean Parrett was pulling the strings for the Gills and he had the best of the early chances, firing a shot at goal from 20 yards, an effort that home keeper Deren Ibrahim was equal to.

Liam Nash put another effort wide, Barry Fuller had a shot blocked and late in the half Josh Rees hit the outside of the far post, getting on the end of a Parrett corner. Ibrahim looked to have had it covered anyway.

Action from Dartford's pre-season friendly against Gillingham Picture: Andy Payton (3132818)
Action from Dartford's pre-season friendly against Gillingham Picture: Andy Payton (3132818)

Dartford included a number of their trialists, still looking to impress, with Billy Roast starting alongside Tom Bonner at the back.

A different Gillingham team took to the field in the second half.

Josh Parker had an early second half effort saved by Ibrahim but the Gills broke the deadlock moments later, Luke O’Neill picking List out with a deep cross and the forward headed home with in the 48th minutes.

Mark Onyemah was the first Dartford player to test Tomas Holy, the Gills keeper getting behind the shot.

List doubled Gills’ lead with 52 minutes gone, running one way after latching onto Bradley Stevenson’s through ball before cutting back the other way and sending a shot past Ibrahim.

Holy was called upon again, to save from Murphy and then Wall on the follow up, before the home side began to make their changes from the bench.

Billy Bingham was involved in a good move that led to Gills’ third, finished from the edge of the box by Parker with 72 minutes gone.

Alfie Cue used his strength to create a late chance for the Darts but Holy saved the shot. Stevenson tried his luck at the other end from distance but couldn't beat sub keeper Ryan Nicholls.

Dartford: Ibrahim (Nicholls 66mins), Hatton, Onyemah, Noble (Mensah 41mins), Roast (Gillies 73mins), Bonner (Saad 81mins), Greenhalgh (Sam-Yorke 58mins), Bradbrook, Wall (Cue 58mins), Oyenuga (Fisher 81mins), Murphy (Vint 58mins). Subs: Igahore, Fulton.

Gillingham: Hadler, Fuller, Simpson, Ehmer, Zakuani, Byrne, Charles-Cook, Rees, Parrett, Hanlan, Nash. Second half: Holy, O’Neill, Lacey, O’Mara, Garmston, Moussa, Bingham, Reilly, Stevenson, Parker, List.

Attendance: 673

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More