Published: 06:00, 27 April 2021
Is this former butcher's shop a cut above the rest when it comes to history and quirkiness?
For buyers wanting a slice of Kentish history, the period property in the village of Sutton Valence, near Maidstone - which was a butcher's shop for well over a century - has been on the market for a guide price of £550,000.
The Old Butchers Shop, in Broad Street, dates back to the 1830s, and was home to the village butcher for more than a century.
The Masters family ran the butchers shop all the way through from 1833 to 1963, before another family took it on.
After ending its butchery days in the late 1980s, it then became a florist's, until planning was granted for it to become a home in 1991.
Another sign of its historical past is the Invicta Horse on the exterior, which once showed the Fire Brigade that it was insured against fire.
A picture postcard double-fronted home today, it has three bedrooms and three reception rooms over three floors.
There is a feature brick open fireplace in the sitting room, and the kitchen includes a two oven Aga, while there is an L-shaped conservatory, plus three double bedrooms - the main one with an en suite bathroom.
From its central village location, it has views over the rooftops to the Weald beyond and has a south-facing part-walled courtyard garden, with conservatory, timber workshop and shed.
Despite its history, its former office and workshop offers potential for working from home.
There is an established courtyard-style garden and a timber workshop with power, light and water, an outside toilet, plus a shed which also has power, light and plumbing.
The property has been marketed by Lambert & Foster's Cranbrook office. To see more click here.