Home   Sevenoaks   News   Article

Southbeats Festival, Sevenoaks, featuring Dizzee Rascal and Example, cancelled due to poor ticket sales

A festival set to feature the likes of Dizzee Rascal and Example has been cancelled.

Southbeats Festival was due to be held at St Clere Estate in Sevenoaks for the first time ever but has been called off due to poor ticket sales.

The two-day event was expected to see performances from artists such as Dizzee Rascal, Example and Sub Focus.

Southbeats Festival has been cancelled (15563048)
Southbeats Festival has been cancelled (15563048)

Organisers have said they are currently talking with ticketing agents and legal representatives over the next steps for ticket holders.

Those affected should be given more information within two weeks.

The tickets were sold on a 'no-refund' basis.

In a statement released today organisers said: " Unfortunately the number of tickets sold at this stage is not strong enough to allow us to deliver the standard of event that our loyal Southbeats supporters expect and deserve.

Example was due to perform at Southbeats next month
Example was due to perform at Southbeats next month

“Although historically the majority of our ticket sales have come in the final few weeks, there is no indication that sales will increase enough to be able to cover the high costs of producing and running an event of this size, or of meeting the high standards we set ourselves on your behalf.

“We apologise to all ticket holders, artists, suppliers, traders and partners for any disappointment and inconvenience this causes.

“We have put our hearts and souls into trying to make this event happen and we know this news will come as a disappointment to many, but despite our best efforts, this has proved too much of a mountain to climb."

Dizzee Rascal was due to perform
Dizzee Rascal was due to perform

People on Facebook have been speculating why there were poor ticket sales this year.

Some think it is because the festival was changed to over 18s only, when before 16 and 17-year-olds were also welcome.

One post read: "If it was changed back to 16+ I doubt this would happen."

Another said: "The biggest mistake was trying to make the festival bigger and moving it to a venue which is difficult to get to on public transport."

However, several others are "gutted" about the news.

One wrote: "What a shame, people don’t understand the cost of these events, sorry to hear it won’t be going ahead."

The dance music event, which has been running since 2016, was previously held at Port Lympne safari park in Hythe and has welcomed nearly 35,000 visitors.

Tickets were priced between £45 and £125.

It was due to go ahead on Saturday, September 21 and Saturday, September 22.

Read more: all the latest news from Sevenoaks


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More