Home   Sevenoaks   News   Article

Thousands raised for family of former Kent schoolboy Julian Cadman after deadly Barcelona attack

More than 1,600 people have donated to a fundraiser in aid of the family of a former Kent schoolboy killed in last week's terror attack in Barcelona.

The gofundme page has been launched in Australia, where seven-year-old Julian Cadman moved with his family three years ago.

Seven-year-old Julian, who attended Chiddingstone Nursery, died after becoming separated from mother Jom when she broke both legs in Thursday night's van attack on Las Ramblas.

Julian Alessandro Cadman
Julian Alessandro Cadman

His father, Andrew, identified his body after arriving in the Spanish city on Sunday and yesterday the family issued a tribute, describing Julian as an "energetic, funny and cheeky" youngster.

The outpouring of support has seen more than $118,000 raised to help the family pay for funeral costs and medical bills.

Police near the seen of the attack. Picture: Richard Gregg
Police near the seen of the attack. Picture: Richard Gregg

"Andrew, Jom and Julian are a normal Aussie family whose lives have been devastated by the recent tragedy in Barcelona," the gofundme page reads.

"Like all families they are paying a mortgage, bills and other sundries. As you can imagine there will be ongoing medical costs to get Jom back to full health.

"Many people have been asking how they may support the family at this time. We are asking for any contribution for those that may wish to help. This will assist with additional medical and funeral costs for the family. We thank you greatly for any support you may offer."

Police said yesterday they had shot and killed the suspected driver of the van that ploughed into pedestrians. Picture: Getty Images
Police said yesterday they had shot and killed the suspected driver of the van that ploughed into pedestrians. Picture: Getty Images

Julian is one of 13 people confirmed dead after the attack, with more than 100 others injured.

The main suspect, Younes Abouyaaqoub, was shot dead by Spanish police yesterday around 25 miles west of Barcelona.

Twelve people are thought to have been part of the terror cell behind the attack, with eight now dead and four in custody.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More