Home   Sheerness   News   Article

Flat fire in West Street, Blue Town, Sheerness

A flat fire is believed to have started accidentally due to a candle.

The fire service was called to reports of a blaze in an apartment in West Street, Blue Town, Sheerness just after 11pm last night.

There was a flat fire in West Street, Sheerness last night. Picture: Google street view
There was a flat fire in West Street, Sheerness last night. Picture: Google street view

Two fire engines were sent and crews used hose reel jets to tackle the flames.

They left just before midnight.

No casualties were reported and the fire is believed to have started accidentally due to a candle.

Following the blaze, crews are reminding people to take extra care when using candles at home.

A spokesman said: "Keep them well away from flammable items, ensure they're fitted in a candle holder and placed on a non-flammable surface.

"You should also never leave them unattended when lit and extinguish them fully if you need to leave the room."

Read more: All the latest news from Sheppey


More by this author


Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More