Published: 10:12, 03 June 2009
| Updated: 10:13, 03 June 2009
Minster were unable to apply the killer blow against OD CUACO and lost by one wicket in Kent League Division 3 on Saturday.
After recovering from 58-6 to reach 147 all out, Minster looked set to make it four wins out of four when they reduced the Beckenham side to 100-8.
But after taking the penultimate wicket, the home team’s ninth-wicket pair came together for an unbeaten match-winning partnership of 28.
Minster captain James White (pictured) said: "I said to the players afterwards that we will have to treat it as just one of those days.
"When we batted, none of our top order produced a decent innings, even though it was a good wicket, and then we dropped a few catches, including one when their last pair were together and needed three runs to win."
White himself had earlier showed what could be done with the bat. Coming in at No.8, he top scored with 46 to enable Minster to set some sort of target.
However, it didn’t seem that Minster’s failings with the bat would matter as OD CUACO, who were bottom of the table beforehand, lost wickets at regular intervals when they replied.
Nathan Nichol was again Minster’s destroyer-in-chief with 5-52 before the home side’s last-wicket pair carried OD CUACO to an unlikely victory.