Published: 12:56, 20 May 2020
| Updated: 13:26, 20 May 2020
Organisers of a popular agricultural festival have cancelled this year's event due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Biddenden Tractorfest, scheduled to take place on August 15 and 16, will no longer be going ahead "following the announcements this week outlining the need for ongoing social distancing".
Vikki Eames, the Tractorfest's vice-chairman, said: "Our main obligation and priority is to protect the health and safety of our visitors, traders, exhibitors, volunteers, staff and all those involved in preparing and delivering the show.
"With the current conditions on social distancing and possible government restrictions on large events for the foreseeable future, it is just not possible to host a safe event for all those involved."
She noted that refunds can be arranged by emailing email@example.com but expressed a hope that the money could be donated instead.
The organiser said: "The event is organised by volunteers living in and around Biddenden and the Kent County Agricultural Society.
"If you are able, please consider donating the cost of your purchase to the Kent County Agricultural Society so that we may continue our important work in supporting education and development in farming and agriculture."
This year's event was originally called off in October last year having become a "victim of its own success".
About 17,000 visitors descended on fields behind Woolpack Corner last August, to see the 250 tractors on show.
But by December, organisers made a U-turn and decided that this year's would go ahead.
Of course they couldn't have predicted the coronavirus, which has forced the next Tractorfest to be held on August 20 and 21 next year.
More by this authorCharlie Harman