Home   Tenterden   News   Article

Roy Blackman murder investigation: Police called to Tenterden

Police investigating the death of Roy Blackman have tonight descended on a house in Tenterden.

The operation focused on an address in Grange Road where residents spotted several police vehicles just after 5pm.

Eyewitnesses reported armed officers at the scene, but Kent Police have not confirmed this.

Police in Grange Road, Tenterden
Police in Grange Road, Tenterden

A police spokesman said no arrests have been made.

A woman, who lives in the village but asked not to be named told KentOnline: "I walked past with the dogs at about two o'clock and I heard a helicopter. I thought it must have been an air ambulance or something.

"I went back there, it must have been about 5:30pm, I heard a hammering at the door. It was my friend who lived near the house and said she couldn't get home as police had blocked off the road."

Roy Blackman was bludgeoned to death
Roy Blackman was bludgeoned to death

"She said there were armed police and they had bullet proof vests on. It was a bit weird.

"My friend said the guy who lived in the house the police were at died about six weeks ago.

"Another guy has been living there. The landlord who owns the house is selling it and the guy has been asked to leave. "I said to my friend it would be nothing and we should see if the road is re-open.""We drove back and there were three police cars and three police men standing in the door way. I said lets go and ask what is going on. "She went down and police had the door open. We were told they are going to interview all the people in the road."

Police at the property in Grange Road, Tenterden
Police at the property in Grange Road, Tenterden

Police confirmed tonight's operation was in connection with the ongoing investigation into the death of Roy Blackman in Biddenden on March 21.

VIDEO: Police descended on the house in Tenterden.

The 73-year-old mechanic was bludgeoned to death at his home in Headcorn Road, near Biddenden, in the early hours of Monday during a violent burglary.

One man was arrested on March 24.

Police left Tenterden at about 7.45pm.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More