Home   Thanet   Sport   Article

Ryman League round-up, Margate and Maidstone win, VCD and Tonbridge lose

Folkestone Invicta's Ian Draycott Picture: Gary Browne
Folkestone Invicta's Ian Draycott Picture: Gary Browne

Margate kept pace with leaders Maidstone at the top of the Ryman League Premier Division witha 2-1 win at Harrow on Saturday.

Charlie Allen's penalty just after the half-hour put Gate ahead but Harrow equalised early in the second half through Simeon Akinola.

However, a Michael Peacock own goal 13 minutes from the end proved decisive for Terry Brown's men, who have now won all three matches this season.

Maidstone won 4-3 at Bognor. Click here for the match report.

VCD's tough introduction to the Premier Division continued as they went down 3-1 at home to Hendon.

Kezie Ibe put Hendon ahead on the stroke of half-time and Sam Murphy made it 2-0 on 65 minutes. Ahmed Deen sparked hope of a comeback with eight minutes left but Aaron Morgan put the game beyond doutb in the 90th minute.

Tonbridge suffered their second away defeat in four days after losing 2-1 at Met Police, who led through Bradley Hudson-Odoi's opener.

Billy Medlock levelled for Steve McKimm's Angels after the break but Charlie Collins scored on 69 minutes for Met Police.

Chatham picked up a point at Heybridge Swifts in Division 1 North following a 1-1 draw.
Joe Loft put Chats ahead on 32 minutes but Neil Richmond levelled the scores just three minutes later.

Shaun Welford scored a second-minute penalty to put Cray Wanderers ahead at Ware but it all went downhill thereafter.

Bafode Varvalho made it 1-1 and Albert Adu put Ware ahead early in the second half before Welford collected a red card. Lee White made it 3-1 and Cray were then reduced to 10 men as substitute Dmitri Larin was also sent-off.

Ware were then reduced to 10 men with Adu's red card but they managed to score a fourth late on through Murat Karagul's penalty.

Thamesmead returned from AFC Sudbury with a creditable 3-3 draw. After falling behind in the second minute to Ollie Hughes' goal, a Ryan Henshaw own goal and Ross Murphy's 21st-minute effort put the Mead ahead.

However goals from Jake Reed and Lee Flynn in four second-half minutes appeared to have given Sudbury the points, only for Tyrus Gordon-Young to equalise in the 90th minute.

Josh Burchell scored twice in the second half, including a 90th-minute winner, to give Hythe Town a 3-2 win at East Grinstead in Division 1 South.

Sam Conlon put Hythe ahead on 33 minutes but Grinstead levelled through Steve Sargent's spot-kick. Burchell restored Hythe's advantage on 50 minutes only for Sam Schaaf to level the scores, before Burchell had the last laugh.

Second-half goals from Tom Brunt and Harry Smith in the space of four minutes saw Sittingbourne see off Horsham 2-1. Billy Dunn had put Horsham ahead.

Darren Smith's first-half effort and a Paul Booth penalty 10 minutes from the end saw Folkestone see off Tooting 2-0 at Cheriton Road while Ira Jackson's goal was enough for Ramsgate to defeat Redhill, who had Tom Bold sent-off late on.

Goals from Jamie Maxted and Stanford helped Faversham to a 2-0 victory at Merstham while Herne Bay also picked up three points as they saw off Walton Casuals 3-1 at Winch's Field.

Sam Hasler scored a goal in either half after Gabriel Odunaike had put Casuals ahead. Stuart King scored the second Bay goal early in the second half.

Whitstable returned from Guernsey with a 2-2 draw, although it could have easily been three points as they led 2-0 with 12 minutes left.

Ian Pulman's first-half penalty and Kane Rowland's 72nd-minute goal put The Oystermen in charge. But Glyn Dyer (78) and Craig Young (80) had other ideas to ensure the points were shared.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More