Published: 18:50, 14 September 2021
| Updated: 19:03, 14 September 2021
Three people required treatment for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire earlier today.
Fire crews were called to a property in Shipbourne Road, Tonbridge.
Two fire engines arrived to find a fire in the kitchen, and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to put the flames out.
Both Kent Police and South East Coast Ambulance Service were also called to the scene, at about 9am, and three people were passed by fire crews to the care of the paramedics.
"The fire is believed to have started accidentally due to an electrical fault," a spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue Service said.
"Two fire engines were sent to the scene, and crews arrived to a fire in the ground floor kitchen. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the flames, before clearing the property of smoke with a high pressure fan."
Firefighters were able to leave the scene of the blaze at around 12.30pm.