Published: 12:53, 18 June 2019
| Updated: 14:45, 18 June 2019
A teenager has been arrested after a fire broke out at a bungalow.
The blaze in Tunbridge Wells forced residents from neighbouring homes in Bramble Walk to be evacuated yesterday evening.
Crews wearing specialist breathing gear were brought in to fight the flames at around 4.25pm.
It is understood that the fire was started when a wheelie bin was set alight.
Police have arrested an 18-year-old man from Sidcup, London area, in connection with the incident.
He remains in custody.
There were no injuries reported but nearby properties were evacuated as a precaution due to a gas leak.
Four fire engines attended and crews remained at the scene until just before 8pm.
Police, a gas safety engineer and officials from the British Red Cross, were also present.
More by this authorJess Sharp