Published: 08:37, 04 April 2021
| Updated: 08:40, 04 April 2021
A chimney blaze in Horsmonden has prompted fire fighters to urge the public to keep their fire places well maintained.
One fire engine was called to a chimney blaze on Goudhurst Road, Horsmonden. They used chimney gear to extinguish the flames.
No casualties were reported, and the cause is believed to be accidental.
Following the fire, crews are urging anyone who owns a chimney, woodburner or other real-flame appliance to ensure they're swept regularly - since a build-up of soot or debris can increase the risk of a fire.