Home   Weald   News   Article

Log burner sparks bedroom blaze in Horsmonden

A log burner started a fire in the bedroom of a family home in Horsmonden.

Two fire engines were called to the blaze in Church Lane yesterday evening.

Two fire engines responded to the shout
Two fire engines responded to the shout

The 999 call was received just after 7.30pm and crews were able to leave the scene an hour later

Crews used specialist chimney gear and flexi-packs to extinguish the flames. Fortunately there were no casualties reported.

Subsequently firefighters issued a warning, saying: "If you have a chimney, woodburner or fireplace, it's important to have them swept regularly to keep them clear of soot or debris, which will help to reduce the risk of an emergency."

Read more: All the latest news from the Weald

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More