Published: 15:29, 11 September 2021
| Updated: 10:29, 14 September 2021
A mother from Whitsable has told of the 'shock and horror' she felt when her two-year-old daughter picked up unidentified pills which spilled onto the floor when she opened an Amazon package.
Hannah Gibbard, a mother of five, made the discovery yesterday when her parcel containing a picnic blanket and toothpaste arrived accompanied by five loose pills.
The 41-year-old said: "My two-year-old picked one up and I freaked out because I didn't expect them to be in the package.
"They look like supplements of some kind but you can't tell.
"I felt shock horror because they could be anything and I was frightened and wanted to make sure my kids didn't have any in their mouth but luckily we found them all.
"We rang Kent Police and they told us to dispose of them and it's in Amazon's hands now."
Mrs Gibbard, a regular Amazon customer, said she immediately contacted the company to warn them of the incident and to try and find out where they might have come from.
She is now hoping to warn others who also received Amazon packages yesterday to be vigilant.
She added: "I just want people to know what happened in case the same thing happens to them.
"If they've ordered from Amazon and the pills fall out they might not notice and kids might swallow them."
A spokesperson from Amazon said: “Safety is our number one priority. We are investigating the matter and are taking appropriate action.”