Home   Dover   News   Article

Safety advice by firefighters after chimney blaze in Clarendon Street, Dover

By Sam Lennon

Firefighters have given safety advice after tackling a chimney fire.

One pump was sent to Clarendon Street in Dover shortly after 7pm yesterday.

The blaze was believed to have started accidentally due to a large amount of wood being burnt in an open fire.

Clarendon Street, general view
Clarendon Street, general view

Firefighters used a fire bucket, stirrup pump, chimney gear, short extension ladder and thermal imaging camera to tackle the flames.

They also advised the resident on the regular sweeping and cleaning of the chimney by a certified sweep.

This can be three times in the winter but at least once a year regardless of the type of fuel burned.

A Kent Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “ Keeping chimneys and flues clean and well maintained will reduce the likelihood of your chimney catching fire.”

You can sign up for the free KFRS clean sweep email alert to receive an email to remind you to get your chimney swept and properly maintained.

Join the debate...
Comments |

Don't have an account? Please Register first!

The KM Group does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments
We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules. If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here, email multimediadesk@thekmgroup.co.uk or call 01634 227989.

Follow us

Like Us on Facebook

Most popular

Kent Travel News

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More