Ten people were taken to hospital suffering from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning after attending an event in east Kent.
Ambulance and fire crews were called to the King's Hall in London Road, Dover at about 10.20pm Saturday after guests at a function were taken ill.
Crew manager from Dover fire station Andrew Hollands said: "There were about 100 people at the event and we evacuated the building. People were feeling unwell and one person had collapsed."
He added that crews from Deal, Folkestone and Whitfield joined them at the scene to give oxygen to those who had been affected.
Ten people were taken to hospital for treatment.
Mr Hollands said traces of carbon monoxide were found in the building and an investigation is being carried out.
For more news from Dover and Deal visit eastkentmercury.co.uk >>>