Home   Dover   News   Article

Grass fire in North Military Road, Dover, sparked calls from residents in Folkestone Road

Dover fire crews tackled a fire in North Military Road last night, thought to have been caused by a discarded cigarette butt.

Firefighters were called around 11pm to the area where flames engulfed the grass, destroying around 50 sq metres of the turf.

Stock pic
Stock pic

One appliance was used to put it out.

Watch manager, Jamie Muddle, said: "That time of night it probably is a bit suspicious.

"It could have been a discarded cigarette."

Various residents from Folkestone Road saw the smoke billowing from the area and called the fire services.

Mr Muddle added: "It was in a good view area so quite a lot of people were calling."

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More